Looking for the best Safari activities?
Safaris can be heavily vehicle based game drives, but there are a number of options for a range of safari activities. Zambia has the best intrepid walking safaris, and fantastic fishing, the best boating safaris are in Botswana, although walking and boating are possible elsewhere too.
Kenya, South Africa and Botswana are the places to head for superb horse-riding safaris. Namibia is a land for scenic walks, quad-biking and a very different type of safari experience. Talk to us about any specialist interests, and we will help you find the right place to enjoy the best safari activities.
East Africa at a glance:
- Tanzania is great for a big five safari and beautiful beach holiday, with some of Africa’s finest safaris in the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater, and the islands of Zanzibar easily accessible
- Kenya is a classic safari activities destination; great for first time safari goers and old hats with the wildlife rich plains of the Masai Mara Game Reserve and glorious Indian Ocean coastline
- Uganda is the land for intrepid, off-the-beaten track safaris, through beautiful landscapes to find incredible Mountain Gorillas
- Rwanda: is also the place for gorilla trekking, from the comfort of very luxurious lodges. Rwanda allows visitors to see these incredible primates up close and personal
Southern Africa at a glance:
- Botswana: is the ultimate big five luxury safari country, with private concessions in the watery Okavango Delta and world class accommodation – but beware the price tag to match if you want to escape the Chobe crowds
- Zambia: is for proper, long walking safaris in the wild South Luangwa National Park, with great adventures to be had on the mighty Zambezi river and around Victoria Falls
- Zimbabwe: still has a feel of being off the beaten track, but has exceptional safaris and some excellent lodges. Zimbabwe is similar to Botswana, but cheaper! Also Victoria Falls can be accessed from Zimbabwe or Zambia
- Namibia: is strange, eerie and mystifying with impressive, unique landscapes and an indescribable atmosphere
- South Africa: is accessible and diverse, with experiences ranging from vibrant, cosmopolitan Cape Town, landscapes, vineyards in the garden route and a great range of excellent and reasonably priced safaris. You can also get away from the Kruger National Park crowds to some excellent luxury private reserves